Monday, June 18, 2007

Čakovec & Cherries...


This Summer one of the Camps I will be helping with will be in Čakovec, Croatia. Niall McSheffry asked if myself and our two intern girls could come and help him out. So, this last weekend I took Mary and Lindy down to Čakovec for an English Camp Training Meeting. We met the team of Croatians we will be working with. Practiced the Theme Song. And we ate Pizza! Then after our training the girls and I went to the Horvat's house (A Christian family we will be working with) and spent the evening walking around their property, eating fruit from their beautiful fruit orchards and gardens, and then lastly we pitted 7 and 1/2 gallons of cherries!! This actually took most of the evening. It was an experience I have never had before! But we laughed a lot and took some fun pictures. For a few more pictures click HERE!
















Mary and Lindy showing off all our hard work! It took around 2 and 1/2hrs to empty the buckets!











(l-r) me, Filip Horvat, Reuban Horvat, Mary and Lindy. Showing off our cool aprons and cherries!

No comments: