Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Starbucks Coffee date...via the phone!

You know the kind of friend where you can be yourself 100%?? The kind of friend where one minute you are laughing so hard that you can barely breathe, and then the next minute you are talking about deep things of the heart? The kind of friend where you can pick up anywhere you left off and you are instantly right there. No explanations, excuses, or reasons. Just deep, sweet, friendship. Thats my friend Robyn.

We just had a coffee date. She sat in her North Carolina Starbucks and I sat on my flower chair in Slovenia. We both drank a cup of coffee and caught up on our lives. We talked about fabric softener, broken dishwashers, relationships, camps, and hummus. It refreshed my soul.

We also called our friend Becky. She's getting married...TODAY! Both of us were asked to be bridesmaids. But...we werent able to make it. So we did three-way calling and sang her "Happy Wedding Day to you". Becky's amazing. She is another one of my most closest friends. I will have to do another blog entry about her amazing-ness one day. Cause this small paragraph isnt doing her justice. We love you Bex! Happy Marriage!

I am so thankful for good friends.













Me and Robyn at a Halloween party in college.

















Bex and I at that same party.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

those are precious moments indeed! I am so glad you got to do that!!!!

Nessie said...

Hey! Those pictures are at our old house, the Pendleton!!! I remember that! I miss seeing you!...Robyn too...you two are so precious :-) ...and I am also bummed I couldn't make it for Becky's wedding. I wanted to see her and and meet her fiance...and see Alaska. Justus is only three weeks old though, so not really a good time to travel...that and Aloria is over two and would cost us about $400+ also. How crazy is that?! Thanks for the updates...I read them all the time!

Kevin and Rachel said...

Funny you mention Becky, she's been on my mind lately for some reason. I'm so happy to hear the great wedding news! That's great! :)

And I share your sentiment about Robyn. She's a great friend, isn't she? I love her too. :)

Rachel

Alec and Becky said...

I can't even tell you how happy your call made me!! What an incredible blessing. I saved the message!! I can't wait to talk! We're back from our honeymoon now. Check our our blog for a few pics. There will be more to come. I love you, my amazing friend.