Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Slovene Snapshot

Here is a little peek into...
Newness ~

I left Slovenia in the middle of summer and returned in the winter. Snow is everywhere and it reminds me that life has continued even while I was gone.
We have a Youth Group now!! I loved watching 20 faces of students/leaders worshipping their savior! Most have professed faith and a those that aren't, just can’t seem to get enough of being with us. It is why I live in Slovenia- to see a movement of God among the youth here!

Life ~
I can say that I am feeling again the pain and joy of sacrifice. The first week was overwhelming as everything takes more thought and energy then in the States. There were some difficult and lonely days, but I am feeling like I am beginning to settle into this life once again.

Laboring ~
Without my girls receiving any direct discipleship, growth seems to have slowed. The good news however is that they are eager to jump back into Bible Study and a closer relationship with the Lord. I will be starting this on Friday…

Favorite Words ~
“I used to see the world in black and white, now I see it in color.” (Mana, 17yrs)
“If I was to describe my relationship with the Lord I would say that it is frozen.” (Lucy 17yrs)

Thanks for your part in this ministry!! Drop me a line if you have time, I am always so encouraged by your notes,

Please be in prayer for…

  • Wisdom and Direction as I start up my 2nd year of Bible Study with Neja and Naja
  • Lucy, who accepted the Lord last summer and now seems to be lost.
  • Mojca, who accepted the Lord last summer and is so busy that I haven’t been able to connect with her at all,
  • The church here (and my home) seems as though it is being fought for, both spiritually and with old leaders in charge. Pray that the Darkness would be pushed back in powerful and tangible ways.


No comments: