Monday, January 23, 2006

Croatia...

Yesterday I got back from a youth retreat in Croatia. Our youth group named Več (means “more” in Slovene) joined other Croatian youth groups for a weekend conference on Apologetics. It was Incredible! The speaker was Matt Morginsky from the American ska band the Supertones. He gave helpful tools on how to share their faith and some practical ways to do this. One night there was a concert with Matt and a Croatian band, SeekersPlanet. It was a hit!! My favorite part was watching our group interact and love each other. Being a new youth group and not knowing any of the other youth groups I was not sure what to expect. However leaders were so amazed at our group and began asking us how we do youth ministry, because they wanted to emulate it! What an incredible weekend...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Christina... so great to hear how well it went and how your group is looked up to. I come back time and time again to truth that they will know we are christians by our love for each other... especially when we love people who are different from us. :-)

Bex said...

I am soo glad the retreat was so great!! I love you so much and I am SO PROUD of you!!