Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Church Retreat...











Our church took off for an incredible weekend on the Croatian Coast!! I got to practise my Slovene--a lot, we had a baptism where Neja was baptised, Yuri (a guy that Miso led to the Lord), a few of our other youth, and an entire family! 11 Baptisms in all. Also during the week there were new Believers, open hearts, and many questions asked. The last day all of the youth went out for ice cream. It was pretty incredible to see how much the youth has grown, even since a few years a go... It was truly an incredible weekend.















Meagan, me, Neja, Anna.














Peter, Katja, and Taja. An entire family getting baptisted!














Terry Jackson baptising Neja. This was so so fun to watch!!!














Yuri rejoicing over his baptism!




















New Friends Boris and Mateja














New Friend Tommy















Andrej, Miso, Tommy, Boris goofing off!















Eating Ice Cream on the Beach!














Naja, Sasa, and I eating ice cream














Yuri, Anna, Naja, and I with the everyone















The youth hanging out right before we left Croatia...My how we've grown!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

GasperK said...

Wow amazing! I am bummed i missed it...

Nessie said...

wow, after seeing that picture of the man getting baptized, raising his arms like, "yeah, this is awesome!" I felt tears well up immediately...I don't do that! I don't know if you knew but 23 students were gunned down at Virginia Tech yesterday...it's all over the news. Anyway, after dealing with those emotions, seeing God's joy and beauty all over the face of that boy after he rose from the water...well, I remembered what we're here for. Thanks!