Monday, November 26, 2007

Hodgepodge: A lil of this, A lil of that...

Hmm...its been a while since Ive posted. Ok, last time I wrote was just before this English Weekend we were going to have. Huge opportunity, team coming from Germany, awesome potential! Well... it got canceled. But as that door closed another opened. The same weekend David and I met with the headmaster of the best school in Ljubljana (Catholic Private School) and practically got offered jobs! We will see what actually happens but he seemed excited to have us help teach English in his school! Oh and also, even though the weekend was canceled the team came from Germany anyway and we did some English stuff in the school and other events around Lj. We definitely had a lot of fun even though it was different then we expected!!

In other news... I just got back from Thanksgiving Conference in Czech. Seriously one of my favorite things. Ever. Its just GREAT!! Lotsa food, incredible people, puzzles, gingerbread house making, JV Kid talent shows, football, food, JV Kids, food, ...couldn't get better.

Favorite moments: Looking at magazines with Kristi while everyone was out playing football, talking with Amy Ellenwood, watching Gracie do the Rodeo Shimmy, Noah singing Johnny-Be-Good, the talent show, Starbucks in Vienna--Gingerbread Latte, Pictures below...































This is me with the famous Gracie Pitcher, yes, the rodeo shimmy!

Oh Im including a few other random pictures. Recently Ive been listening to some Rob Bell sermons called, "God is Green". And its all about how God cares for our environment and the world we live in. Well, Ive affectionately entitled this picture series "God is Green". Anna and I hadn't taken out our recycle in like...a month...late one night we decided to do it and it turned out to be my most memorable taking out the trash moment!













































In the Spirit of Thanksgiving Id like to say a few things Im thankful for. Im thankful for...
Bicycles, fall leaves, early winter snow, long road trips to Czech, Gingerbread Lattes, JV Kids, Cooking Magazines, candles, messages on my answering machine (especially from my family) blue skies, good books, Amy Grant Christmas, my Slovenia Family, hearing truth that changes me, my mom, home cooked meals, mash potatoes, getting an email, growing and trusting.

No comments: