Sunday, June 12, 2005

Breathing Deeply

Recently I was in the Czech Republic at an Intern Training for Josiah Venture English Camps that I will be involved in this Summer. Student from America come to the JV Headquarters to be trained before setting out to many different countries across Eastern Europe. My position was unique because I did not have a team of Interns for Slovenija that I was leading (I WAS the intern). My position was to help lead a workshop on Living a Lifestyle of Evangelism. After my workshop I realized that I didn't have any other responsiblities that I was initially called to. So, I then felt a draw to take upon myself the responsiblity to connect with the Student Interns that were at the conference. I was immediately drawn to enter into their story and become a part of what they were involved in for the summer. However, after recognizing in myself an intense exhuastion every time I started up a conversation I realized that I actually did not have to connect with these students. Infact after that week I would probably never see them again. It was then that I began to pull out and use my free time to journal and spend time with Lord. I spent a lot of time thinking through what the Lord had called me to this summer and wrestling thru the many questions that were on my mind and heart. I also took a few long afternoon naps!! I left the Cech Republic feeling deeply refreshed. I feltl ike I was able to step out of the cloud the so often hovers over Slovenija and see clearly the Lord's work in my life. It was exciting. It was challenging. And it got me thinking about many different things. Get Ready Summer...Here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, christina, I'm so so glad for you. so glad. as i keep saying, don't forget anything because I really want to hear about it while it's still new to you. i love you. and cannot WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!
Anna B.