Saturday, June 25, 2005

A different kind of Adventure...

ts so amazing to think back on the year that I have experienced here in Slovenija. I said I would come here and be here for one year exactly, and then go back to the States. And yet, I feel the Lord calling me to step deeper into Him, to step deeper into realtionships with those around me and to step Deeper into this culture that I am slowly becoming adjusted too.

Two nights a go thousands of students flooded the streets of Ljubljana for a "Welcome to Summer" Party. Students everywhere could be seen doing drugs, drinking, and enjoying all of the pleasures this life has to offer. As I walked among them, I felt like a small flame of light in a world that was so so dark. Although seemingly happy and enjoying themselves, I saw so much brokenness, so much emptiness, and so much blindness to Truth.

Tomorrow morning we get the chance to step into relationship with these same students! We will be getting on buses and heading out to a castle in Austria for our first of two camps! Sunday June 26-July 3 Camp I in Milstatt Austria and then our second camp, Tuesday July 5-12 Camp II in Osilnica Slovenia. At these camps we will have the opportunity to develop relationships with them, and become a part of the work that God is already doing in them. It is so exciting to be about the work of God!

Already we are feeling the weight of this Spiritual Battle that we are stepping into. We need your prayers More then ever right now!!!! So for the next two weeks will you commit to be praying for us??? I am attatching some prayer requests at the end of this email. Thank you so much for your part in creating a movement of God among the youth of Slovenija.

Prayer Requests:
Health for David as he is directing the first camp. As well as health for Anna and myself (we are all feeling not quite 100%!).
That kids would have eyes to see their lostness and need for a Savior.
That they would see the hope found in Jesus Christ
For me as I teach 3 hours of English a Day!!!
THANKS FOR BEINGS A WARRIOR IN PRAYER!!!!


No comments: