Friday, May 27, 2005

An empty apt, chocolate,too many Friends, and The Lords Return...

So Anna is gone. She went off to America and left me all alone in our tiny little apartment in the attic of the church. Well, my dearest roommate will be back soon--three weeks--but until then, I am living the Miss Independent Life! So this week has consisted of me drowning away my sorrows by eating a lot of ice cream, chocolate and watching a few too many episodes of Friends! Ugh I feel sick just thinking about it...

Ive been thinking about the amount of time that I spend in the Word of God, and frankly wishing that I was a person like Dr. Mitchell (founded Multnomah). What would it be like to just be able to quote chapters and chapters of the Bible. To be on your death bed and not remember anyones name, but to be able to still quote Scripture. Wow. I just wish the Lord would come back--you know? How I long for that day. But then I think about some of the most darling kids that I have met here. And they don't know the Lord. Infact, with some of them, I feel as though I don't know what to do anymore to lead them to Him. Ive been praying for five kids to come to know God. My heart literally aches for them to know Him. To be set free from death and to be born a new. Some of them I think are close too....which makes me think, Salvation is a funny thing. When does it actually happen? Is it automatic? Does it happen in stages? Does one confess with his mouth but then believe with his heart years later? When is a person finally saved? Only the Lord knows the answer to this...

Well, until next time. I think I will watch one more episode of Friends before I go to bed...

No comments: