Monday, July 04, 2005

Stepping into Depth...

Yesterday I got back from camp, and tomorrow I leave again!!
I feel like a big theme of this last week for me was depth. I am walking away from this camp having experienced a depth in emotions, depth in relationships with students, and depth in understanding of the person of Jesus Christ. I felt deep joy as I saw students begin to understand who Jesus Christ was. They were asking incredible questions and it was so obvious that God the Father was drawing them to Himself. I enjoyed coming along side and not only watching but also being a part of some of these students surrender their lives to him. However I also felt a lot of deep pain as I deepened relationships with these students. My eyes were really opened to a lot of hurt, a lot of broken relationships and a lot of past wounds. So in this way my heart had a heaviness to it as I believe that I felt in a way Christ’s heart as he looks at his people full of sin and brokenness.
And for myself personally I felt as though I saw Christ in a new way. Through an illustration that Josh and David did in front of the group I saw an incredible depth in the love of Christ that I don’t think that I have understood before. I also feel as though I tasted much deeper that pain that Christ willingly went through to give us the free gift of relationship with Him.

Please pray for us as we step into our next camp!!! We are excited and anticipating what God will do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, when are you coming to Portland?