Sunday, November 19, 2006

Junior Highers


Once again we had another event for our junior highers. This time the theme was Art and Expression. I still feel like we are at the newness stage of this ministry. No one really knows anyone that well. Im trying to figure out what I have in common with junior high girls to talk about. But Id say overall it went well. I brought out my huge supply of beads and taught girls how to make jewelry. While other kids did random art projects such as clay, spray painting, and charcoal drawings. There has been one girl that I have started to feel a connection with and her name is Nika. She is actually in Meagan Jacksons (daughter of the missionaries I work with) class at school and so Ive met her a few times before. She is a lot of fun and speaks English really well for her age! I hope we become friends! Above there is a picture of Nika and I. And then one of me with my "team" for the day. AnnaMaria, myself, Ursa (oor-shuh) , Meagan, and Nika (knee-kuh).

No comments: