Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Green Grocer

So yesterday as I was buying oranges I was talking with the guy that sells me fruit. We've become friends. This is how our conversation went (he has perfect English)...

Man: "So yesterday my girlfriend and I were looking at a dictionary trying to figure out what you would call me... you know, what do you call the person who sells you fruit? We found the word, "Green Grocer". Is that right?"

Me: "Um...... I dont think we usually say that.....we dont really have those type of guys in America.....

Man: "Well how would you refer to me?"

Me: "I call you, 'The Fruit Guy'"

Man: "WHAT?!! That is so gay. Dont ever say that again!!"

Me: "Ok, I wont... at least not to your face..."

I still refer to him as The Fruit Guy.

4 comments:

christinastanton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Haha, that's fuuny!!

Bex said...

Hilarious.
You could call him the Retail Produce Associate!

nate hughes said...

You are super funny! I'm very picky with my blogs...yours is great! Lucka and I are reading it and totally laughing!