Friday, March 16, 2007

Sponge Bob


So, Anna flew into the Ljubljana airport Wednesday evening. I walked to the gate to pick her up and then as she stood on the sidewalk waiting with her luggage I ran back to get the car. Now, for the past few months the key to my car hasnt been working very well. It sticks in the lock pretty bad. Its been one of those things I just havent gotten around to getting fixed. This time as I stuck my key into the car door it started sticking again. It would start to turn and then just stop. I tried over and over again but to no avail. I started to get a bit panicky. Would I have to call someone to come pick us up?? I decided to try one last time. I jammed my key into the drivers side door and turned really hard, It worked!!! I hopped in the car and began to stick my key in the ignition. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed something large and yellow. Sitting on the dashboard staring back at me was a large Stuffed Sponge Bob. I sat there for a second wondering if it was some kind of joke. I dont normally carry a stuffed Sponge Bob with me. Infact, I never do. Where did it come from?? I turned around to see if there was anything else out of place and noticed small dog decals on my back window. It slowly dawned on me....I had just broken into someone elses car. This was not my car! I sat there completely frozed, I had NO idea what to do!! Then I sprung out of my seat and slammed the car door shut and began to walk away, then I realized the car door was left unlocked! I put my key into the door to lock it, but then there was that darn sticking again. It would not budge. After opening and shutting a few car doors I finally got all the car doors locked and I took off running!! Sure enough four cars down was my car. Identitical to the car I was just in but without Mr. Sponge Bob Square Pants!! What an ordeal!!

4 comments:

Mišo said...

Hahahaha, that's so funny!!
=) I'm glad no one saw you

nate hughes said...

That is a brilliant story!!! :)

Tanja said...

:-Dhihi...that´s REALLY funny!!! hahaha:-D

Bex said...

that's hilarious. i love it. my one question is, "why DON'T you carry a stuffed sponge bob with you?"