Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A different sort of day...


This morning I woke up at 5:45am. Watched Sesame Street. Changed a very dirty diaper. Took the kids to school. Made a fire in the stove. An hour later made it again. An hour later again-- I think the wood was too wet. Put the baby down for a nap. Took a small nap myself. Spent time with a friend. Picked kids up from school. Helped with homework--in Slovene. Yes, I had my dictionary close! Made dinner--kinda, it was made earlier for me and then frozen. In a bit I will watch the tv show Hannah Montana. Put the kids to bed. And start all over tomorrow. Oh the life of a mom! I have a lot of respect for Moms. It takes a TON of energy. Especially with four kids. Ive been watching the Patty kids since yesterday morning. They are awesome kids. So easy. But yes, being a mom is definitely a lot of work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're not joking...you posted at 8:45 and you'd already done all that?!?!

nevermind. that's just not possible. i think everyone here is in bed...i gotta go check. i look forward to this night time time--but i think it's going to be like that zagreb experience. hum. you know what i mean.

Lee Ann Barton said...

trying to read everyones blogs and catch up on life. about that hugs video...that was awesome. i teared up. what was that made for? hope you are doing well.

Mišo said...

I'm sure you'll make a great mom someday!!
Se vidimo =)

Anonymous said...

Funny post! I always say that I have the life that no one wants - who wants to do this EVERY MORNING? Only 10 more years and Gracie graduates and I can STOP GETTING UP THIS EARLY. WE also watch tons of Hannah Montana and sing along. Welcome to the club!

Andrea Pitcher

Neja said...

It was fun hanging out with you and play with Luke and Scout! :)