Friday, January 11, 2008

Travel tips...

So I travel...a lot. And every time fly a transatlantic flight I always try to find a new something to do to make my flight just a bit more enjoyable. Here are a few things Ive done in the past...

Neck pillow: They are amazing. I dont fly without it.
Shower: I take a shower and wash my hair the morning of the flight. I like to feel clean as long as possible.
Coffee cup and tea bag: Bring a travel cup and tea bag and ask for hot water when Im on the plane. (This I got from Becca McMartin!)
Flip flops and socks: Wear flip flops to let feet breathe. Bring socks to wear at "night" to keep warm. (Becca was this from you too??)
Zip lock and liquids: pack those beforehand and put them on top for an easy find.
Toothbrush in the carry on: It makes a world of difference. Believe me.
Flight info Request: I ask if the flight is full. If it is, I tell them Im willing to be bumped up or off. If its not, I ask if I can be put next to an empty seat. Win-Win...Win!

Anna gave me a few of her tips that Im going to try out this trip.
Schedule: Check the movies ahead of time. Pick what I want to watch. Then when on the airplane make a schedule of what I will do during the flight. When to read, when to watch a movie, when to sleep. With little rewards here and there. Buying coffee in Frankfurt, piece of chocolate, etc...
Wear big earrings: To feel nicer longer.

So, what do you do?

5 comments:

GasperK said...

I think i will just try to survive.

Anonymous said...

Please don't forget that I take a shower the night before. Trying to shower too early in the morning is just a recipe for disaster. In my opinion, you're going to feel nasty when you get there anyway, you may as well sleep as long as possible in your own bed.

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the big earings:
Yes. It works! People (including my mom, my aunt and YOU) are generally impressed.

Anonymous said...

Do my mom and aunt count? For that matter, do you count?

GasperK said...

Ok this is what i am doing>

toothbrush, neck pillow, sudoku, small book, ipod, treats, gum. Isle seat, my own teabag, and nalgene (empty).

big earrings...
extra socks...

that is it. :)