Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oklahoma: Weddings, Starbucks, and Mamaw...

Oh man, so much.... where to even begin? Oklahoma. There are some great people in that state. I ran into David and Katka in the airport on the way to Oklahoma. Turns out David and I were seated right next to each other on the plane! David was nice enough to give the seat up to Katka. And, Johnny and Brooke are officially married. I saw it happen. But I did almost miss it. Erin and I were running around doing random things, helping set up for the reception...stuff like that. But we did manage to sit in the back. Trish and Hondo showed up, along with the little baby that has yet to be born! She looked great. It was fun having Gasper around too!! We did Starbucks and even went out to eat breakfast at some kind of Pancake World...or House...or something along those lines!













At the rehearsal.... Erin, me and Katka













Planning the reception at Starbucks.... yup kinda felt like a meeting for youth group!!













TEAM SLOVENIJA! Erin, me, David, Katka, Brooke, Johnny, Hondo, Trisha (and Baby), and Gasper!













They got Married!

















We had soo much fun!

















Later that night....still having fun!













Waiting at the airport...













I spent the rest of the week with my Grandma (we actually have always called her Mamaw...). We had a FABULOUS time. She is beautiful. Full of life. And carries herself with so much dignity and grace. We laughed a lot. Even did Pilates and watched American Idol! She is a hero of mine.

Im actually in a hotel now with my Aunt and Mamaw. I fly back to CA tomorrow morning. More later....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Christina!

Loved reading this post! So many fun pictures and newsy items, especially about the wedding.

Dave and I are in Chicago right now and were at a dinner last night for MIT's and saw Trish, Hondo, and Erin! It was so funny to see your pictures with them in it, and know I'd just seen them in person last night!

Glad your trip is going well! Blessings to you!

Connie