Friday, April 25, 2008

Croatia Travel Log...

Last year I helped out with a camp down in Cakovec Croatia. This year I went down to help with their Camp promotion.















I took the train because it was 20Euros cheaper then driving!! I listened to sermons and watched The Office on my ipod. And in two and half hours I was in Zagreb! **FYI The camp is in Cakovec, but it is for Cakovec and Zagreb students. The leaders of the camp live in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. Thats why I went there. In case you were wondering!











I sat in on a camp meeting with these lovely ladies and helped them think about this summer. (l-r) Miriam, me, Ema, and Evelin.
















Then I went to a concert put on by a Croatian ska band, October Light and rock band from Arizona, Transient Phase. The purpose was to invite kids to English Camp. I know the students definitely had a lot fun! Im praying that it brings in a lot of students to camp as well.

The next day Miriam Ema and I had tea and talked about life and Jesus. It was a good conversation and wonderful fellowship. Its so nice to have such Kindred Spirits that live so close to me. I always feel refreshed and happy after I spend time with them. This is a little shout out to you since I know you will probably read this. I like you girls!!

That same morning I went back to Ljubljana. Thats where I am now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kindrid Spirits, eh?

I always thought of that as kindred spirits.

joke!

Josh and Kristi said...

I loved the pictures! I know the story but I just saw your dear friends Miriam and Ema for the first time! I want to go to concerts and drink tea with them too!
Kristi