Monday, April 14, 2008

yesterday, today, tomorrow...

yesterday...
When i was in America (ok, not yesterday) I got to speak at my old high school, in chapel. These are some things i liked...

I was greeted by the worship band, three siblings that I went to school with. They were a lot younger then me then. They still are. Philip, Bekah, and David Shepard. I used to babysit and tutor all five of them actually. Last time I saw David, he was probably 7years old. He's in junior high now and was playing electric guitar. Bekah is a senior in high school and engaged. Philip is done with high school and married. Crazy.

During the worship I sat in the back with my old teachers and my volleyball coach. I never would sit in the back. But there I was. Coach Sano and I giggled up a storm. I used to get in trouble for giggling in chapel. She caught me up on all the gossip. I always liked her.

Then I spoke to a group that was probably 4 times bigger then when I attended. Kids actually listened. They came up and talked to me afterwards. I even got an email from one of them a few weeks later. Wild.

today...











I went for a walk and took this picture. The sky was beautiful.

tomorrow...
Well actually a week from Tuesday Im taking a group of girls to Zagreb for an English Camp promo/Concert fest. Im so excited to go on this mini retreat with them. Im praying that all of their paperwork gets through. Would you say a little prayer for this too?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how soon you become the "adult"? Last year I was teaching at a ladies retreat for the church where I grew up. They had a seperate session for the teenagers who were attending - led by me. We left the main meeting room together and I commented to one of the girls that I couldn't believe the "adults" didn't send someone out with us to make sure we did our seminar and didn't just goof off in the rec room with the pool table & pop machines. The teen looked at me and said very respectfully, "They thought you were the adult, Mrs Pitcher"

I totally laughed and said, "Aren't they going to be surprised?!"

It happens before you know
Andrea Pitcher

Anonymous said...

well, christina I'm praying everyday for Zagreb;o) Hope we'll go and hva fun together!!!!!!!!

BK said...

how time flies! it was so good to see you Christina! thanks for your facebook note back--it was great to hear a bit of what the Lord is up to!!